Well, I began the packing process this past weekend. I went and smuggled...I mean, GOT some boxes from Goodwill and Chick-fil-A. I ended up with 20 boxes (all transported via the Beetle Bug...I was impressed, nonetheless). I had a huge pile of boxes on the floor and just KNEW that would be PLENTY to pack up my entire life in Valdosta. Come to find out...it's NOT. I've got 3 of those 20 boxes left...and my room doesn't even look like I've made a DENT in it! Granted, I DID get the whole kitchen packed up...but my room is a wreck! (As you saw in a previous post...). I guess I really shouldn't be surprised it's requiring so much to pack up my room. I had A LOT of motivation to get it packed up this weekend...and now I've lost it. But I'm moving on Saturday...so I kinda have to "find" it regardless of if I want to or not! My Dad's bringing the U-Haul to transport all of my belongings up to Macon on Saturday...and I've been EXPLICITLY instructed that EVERYTHING I own is to boxed and disassembled BEFORE he arrives...yay (said in the most un-enthusiastic tone of voice possible). Luckily, I've had a client cancel my afternoon therapy for the week...which frees up mostly all of my day on Thursday and Friday. And I need to do some more work on packing things up today as well...but that means going out and getting more boxes...bugger. So, I think I'm going to take a short little nap (who me??) and then go collect more boxes and begin packing up things yet again...woo-hoo.
This whole "packing" thing is SO not the fun I thought it would be! (and yes, I actually did think it would be kinda fun...sad, I know.)
I'm just going to try and take the advice of the Seven Dwarves: Whistle while you work! ...except I can't whistle. hmmm...I guess I'll just hum a happy tune while I work instead! :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment