Friday, September 11, 2009

"Happy Birthday Miss Muffin!"

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. No one really knew at work, and it was one of those things where you don't really know if it's appropriate to mention it, or if you just let it go lest you sound selfish. So, I just kinda went on with my day. My parents came in last night to take me out to dinner...and boy was it AH-MAZING! The restaurant was FABULOUS and I enjoyed EVERY bite of it! Momma also made me a homemade cake decorated all pretty, and it even had the coolest flower candle on it from China. It was so neat; you light all the smaller candles around it and then there was a larger wick underneath them all that you lit and it made a mini sparkler right there on the cake! And it played the "Happy Birthday" song at the same time! Oh, and once the sparkler was lit the petals opened up! I tried to get a video of it, but it was over by the time I got around to it...boo! However, we couldn't figure out how to make the music stop...so Dad had to demolish the thing in order to make it stop. So the flower is no more :0( Oh, well. My main present, which I got a little early, was my GPS. But I had another surprise gift that thrilled me...a BLENDER! woo-hoo!! You know you're getting older when you get excited over a blender for your birthday...... Well, Mom and Dad just hung around for awhile and didn't leave till really late, meaning they didn't get back to home until EXTREMELY late. But they did it for me so that I wouldn't be lonely on my birthday...and I couldn't of been more thankful for that!

Well, today I had a few surprises as well! I had told my boss, Dr. S, a couple weeks ago when my birthday was because I was asking her for restaurant suggestions. Well, she forgot, so I wasn't gonna mention it...until I decided I wanted 2 brownies at work, so I mentioned that "it's my birthday, I'll have 2". She then realized she'd forgotten, and she even had a present for me that she didn't bring. So when I got to work today she had my present sitting on my desk for me, and I thought that was nice enough in itself. I went to take one of our kids back to class after therapy and Dr. S came with me. As we walked back by my favorite teacher's class (the one containing all my favorite kids as well! Including my little cutie who calls me Miss Muffin!), she said she needed to stop in there for a minute. We walk in and they yell "Happy Birthday!!" to me and then start singing to me! All the kids are sitting so cute at the tables and it clicked that it was a surprise class birthday party for me...YAY! Dr. S had even gotten me a cookie cake, which topped it all: it said, "Happy Birthday Miss Muffin" on it!!! LOVED IT!!! That made me smile. Then my little cutie came up to me, and said in his cute little accent, "umm...Happy...Happy Birthday, Miss Muuufin" (just imagine a little country twang to it...it's precious!). He even gave me a hug. Touched my heart!!! I love my little speech babies in that class and I couldn't have asked for a better class that I'd want to share my birthday with! The kids ate up the cookie cake...one of which got it ALL OVER himself...I just had to laugh it was so funny. So, it turned out to be a great birthday after all...and one that I know I'll never forget!

Happy Birthday to Miss Muffin! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment